Thursday, October 21, 2010

{{FEATURED!}} Kate Landers Events LLC

I was ecstatic to hear from Kate at Kate Landers Events LLC one afternoon.  She left me very generous compliments about my work and then asked if I could work with her on a photoshoot.  The theme would be a "Mystical Mermaid Party".  The colors were muted ivories and soft coral pinks.  She was particular about doing some pretty anemones, some sea urchins and some clam shells with a little pearl inside.  It was such an artistic endeavor I literally jumped at the chance to be a part of her party idea.  I had never made something of this caliber before and was excited to conquer this challenge.  Here is what I came up with:
The photos above were my own before I packed them off and shipped them to Kate, just in time for the shoot.  The photos below are from the shoot:
I cast each shell from a chocolate mold but I used gum paste instead for durability
I loved making these little urchins.  Each were hand formed and piped with royal icing.  Then, to get the ombre effect, I subtly airbrushed them with dusty pink color.  I really had to tone down the airbrush pen to make sure I didn't go overboard.  We were looking for chic, not neon!
Her creative vision is so amazing.  It's all so sophisticated and plentiful.  The shades of pink and ivory are very lovely. You just simply have to check out the entire shoot for yourself to get the full effect.  Take a look HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Click photo to return to Etsy Shop: Sweet Petal Bakery