Saturday, July 31, 2010

Tres Chic Anemones

I love anemones.  Totally loving all the inspiring photos that customers send me to duplicate.  There's something chic about the way cake designers are using them this season.  The cakes convey a sense of romanticism and delicacy.  Maybe because the stamens of their gum paste counterparts look like delicately mascara'd eyelashes of a rosy bride?  Wow.  I'm really reaching here.  Too much imagination makes you sound like a kook.

Anyway, I feel kinda bad that I couldn't get these anemones completely filled with stamens so they could look more like the real thing but there's enough of a resemblance to justify its reasonable price.  Here's the inspiration board:
swiss polka dots and large anemone cake (bottom right) by: Elisa Strauss Cakes , 5- tier white anemone tower (bottom left) by: April Reed Cakes

And here are the beauties I've replicated:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Click photo to return to Etsy Shop: Sweet Petal Bakery