Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lily, lily, lily...

Had a few orders for Oriental Lilies and I've finished a few here.  They are very easy to make but there are a lot of details to consider.  I've had to take green dust and rub it on a length of white tape so I can wrap it around a wire for the "pistil".  Then I mixed pumpkin orange royal icing and hand dipped each of 6 wires to make the stamens.  After that, I cut out petals, run them on wire, and leave them out to dry.  Once all the prepping is finished, the magic happens.  With just a bit of florist tape, the whole flower unfurls.  It takes my breath away every time.

Then the heartache sets in when I think about how I should ship these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Click photo to return to Etsy Shop: Sweet Petal Bakery